Here at SELMA, we are working hard to ensure that we are complying with the GDPR regulations. We want to put the time and effort into doing this right to ensure the protection of your data that has been entrusted to us, not only so that you can rest easier knowing that your information is secure, but also as an opportunity for us to make our business processes more robust as we move into the future.
We currently are:
- Auditing which of our products/services collect and process personal data
- Ensuring a legal basis for this collection
- Ensuring compliance with obligations to customers as set out in the GDPR
- Updating internal and external notices for GDPR compliance
- Ensuring customer contracts are GDPR compliant
- Providing data protection training for staff
- Checking and building secure infrastructure around systems that collect, process, and store personal data
- Creating internal compliance documentation including data maps and flow charts to gain clear insight into the path through which data flows in our business
- Implementing regular internal compliance audit checks to ensure compliance, document processes, and highlight deficiencies
- Putting in place processes to correct identified deficiencies in our business processes
Beyond these responses, we will keep regularly informed as to the nature of GDPR regulations and how this affects us as a business, to stay abreast of any obligations that we need to fulfill to become and remain GDPR compliant. We are sure that this will be an ongoing process, and we are delighted to engage with this to ensure the protection of your personal data so that you are confident that your information is in safe and secure hands.